Monday, June 15, 2009

Shan'tel and Andrew Christensen's Wedding!

This past weekend, I went down to Utah for the wedding of my best friend Shan'tel! She and I were each other's first roommates in college; wound up together randomly, shared a room for a year and were roommates for two and were destined to be the best friends ever! She and I have been best friends ever since and I was so excited to go down to American Fork for her wedding!
Shan'tel Nelson married Andrew Christensen in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple! They have known each other for 2 years and now are man and wife. I was so excited for her- i almost cried i was so happy for her!

Shan'tel and I have been through a lot together and we always say that we go through the same things at the same time! She is now a little bit ahead of me, being married and all, but I could not be happier about her beating me! Andy is an awesome guy and I throughly approve! Now that I approve and they are married, my job is done!



They got married in the morning and then we spent the afternoon at their luncheon- which was delicious! Then the bride and groom favored as all with a rendition of Dueling Banjos! Shan'tel played the banjo and Andrew played the guitar! It was amazing! Their children are going to be musical prodigies! :)



That evening was the reception at the Alpine Arts Center! It was beautiful! There were roses and teal everywhere! Shan'tel's favorite color is teal so all of the wedding party wore teal! It was so wonderful to see all of the people who came to support the happy couple and to hear everyone talk so highly of them both! It was said over and over that these two are a perfect match!



This is the bouquet toss and I totally caught the bouquet! I've never wanted to catch a bouquet so much in my life, but it was my best friend's bouquet after all!

This is the groom and his dad! Andrew Christensen is a great guy and I am so glad that he found my best friend and fell in love with her! They will be so happy!


The day was a success- Shan'tel got married to the love of her life, the weather was wonderful, the rain stopped all day and didn't start again until that night, the food was good, the cake didn't fall, all of the technology worked, and the only thing that went wrong was that the roses froze in the fridge and they had to be reworked that day, but all in all it was an amazing day and Mr. and Mrs. Christensen rode away into the sunset!

I was so excited to see my best friend married! I wish her every happiness in the world and am so glad that she was sealed for time and all eternity to the man of her dreams!

4 comments:

Becca and Kent said...

Cute post! I'm so happy for Shan'tel! She deserves the very best.

Megan said...

Aww it really was amazing! I loved being there!!

The Tibbitts said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the wedding. They look so happy together. I wish I could have heard the bride and groom dueling it out on their instruments--that would have been cool. Congrats on catching the bouquet!

Shantillylace said...

Wow! Jes, thanks for putting this all on your blog! That is so sweet!!! Thanks for being there!!!!!!!!! Also, look, I'm starting a blog! woohoo!!!