Sunday, March 7, 2010

The sun is shining...

the tank is clean!!! ha ha ha, i just naturally put those two phrases together, and i forever will! But don't you just love it?! i know i do! Thanks Peach for that great catch phrase!


The reason for this Finding Nemo reference is because today the sun was shining and life feels so good today! I think that the sun being out has a lot to do with the brightness of this day, that and wearing a spring dress to church! It was just a really great day! Today i realized that life is so great! Right now, I have a calling that i love, a job that i love, a family that i love, friends that i love, and what more is there to ask for! a month ago, i could not say anything close to what i'm saying today- ONE MONTH! that's 30 days, but that one month was February so it was even less! it amazes me how quickly things can turn around, and how quickly they have turned around! One month ago, i had a job that i hated, no purpose in life, nothing that really motivated me to get out of bed for, and now things are looking up! I can see things a lot more clearly and am happy with what i see! The tank is truly clean!

Today i am reminded of two quotes that i really love and i'm going to share them with you! I gave one of them in my lesson and another i have been searching for and finally found!

"When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."
Ezra Taft Benson, “The Great Commandment—Love the Lord,” Ensign, May 1988, 4

“When you are filled with the Spirit of God, … that [Spirit] satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum."
Eliza R. Snow (Woman’s Exponent, Sept. 15, 1873, 62)

Shan'tel, this is the quote that i was asking you about a while back! And you will never guess where i found it? I count this as a tender mercy- I have been looking for this quote and looking and looking and couldn't find it anywhere. This was in January when i first came home and also the same time that i was rereading my old journals- i really wanted to find this quote, and just when i had given up, i got to the part in my journal where i had copied it down almost 3 years ago! i'm so glad that i did write it down so that i could find it again at a time when i needed it! just some things i've been thinking- things work out! i don't know why we ever doubt because i know we all have a testimony that the Lord will make things work out! They aren't perfect by any means, but right now, i'm happy with the view from this sunshine filled, spic and span little fishbowl i call life!

p.s. i just had to add this because it makes me happy! hope it makes you happy too! i only like 0:45 through 1:45 though! My favorite lines in the whole movie are in this clip, which if you know me, you know i say on a regular basis- "The sun is shining, the tank is clean" and "CURSE YOU AQUA SCUM!"

3 comments:

Shantillylace said...

Jesika I love your posts! They always make me feel better :) And I'm glad you found that quote! I love that quote too (both of them actually)! And the sun is shining here too! In fact I just put on some sweats and I'm headed to go outside and study in the sunshine! Yea for sunlight! It's about time :)

Becca and Kent said...

I'm so glad that you are loving life! Spring is my favorite time of year-things always feel better in the Spring.
I was just thinking about when we were laying on Shan'tel's lawn and talking about how nice the sun was and then you happened to bring up the fact that it was going to snow the next day... :D

And Nicholas is sitting next to me here and he loved the video clip! He's never seen Nemo before!

The Tibbitts said...

Luke and I watched Nemo today, so when I pulled up your post, it made me smile. I'm glad the sun is shining in your life right now because you deserve it! Thanks for the quotes too; they help put life back into perspective.